WE ARE RECRUITING! We are looking for a Solicitor to join our team. If you are a qualified Solicitor and wish to assist our clients with their Legal Aid Housing matters then if interested please email Richard Hazell at email@example.com for an information pack. Closing date for applications is 4 pm Monday 7th May 2018 with interviews scheduled for Friday 11th May 2018.
Vacancy for Solicitor to conduct housing law casework
Wiltshire Law Centre has a vacancy for a qualified Solicitor based in our central Swindon office.
The position is full time, 35 hours per week
The salary is between £27668 – £30153 pa (NJC Pay scale: 31-34) depending on experience, with holidays of 27 days plus statutory per annum.
The Law Centre also makes a 5% pension contribution to employees chosen pension or Nest scheme
- Wiltshire Law Centre is a not for profit advice agency specialising in free advice in the areas of Housing, Welfare Benefits and Debt. The aim of the service is to reduce the risk of homelessness, assisting clients with Benefit appeals and reduced indebtedness
- Suitable candidates must be a qualified Solicitor and if not already experienced in Housing Law must be willing to develop the skills and knowledge to conduct housing casework
- Training will be provided
- There is an emphasis on achieving successful outcomes, and there is a variety of Legal work carried out under Certificated LAA work using the CCMS system under our LAA Housing advice contract
- Housing Possession Court Duty Scheme contract, as well as providing advice to clients under our other non LAA funding
- The position will involve close working with colleagues, courts and court staff, the local Council, Housing Associations and other local agencies
Requests for information pack including job description, please contact Richard Hazell at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for volunteers to help on our Reception desk. Duties will include answering the phone, dealing with enquiries, assisting the Solicitors with paperwork, filing – and if you fancy it – we can also give you the experience of attending Court hearings too! So if you would be interested, please email Martin at email@example.com
We also welcome applications for Trustees to help with the Governance of the Law Centre too – this also is an unpaid role and we greatly value the input and guidance of our Board of Trustees.
If you are looking for work experience, please email martin at the email address above too – we can sometimes assist.